03 Aug Keri Miller – Event Professional of the Year!
Toronto, ON – Keri Miller, Partner and Creative Director at e=mc² events, won the 2014 Event Professional of the Year, the highest personal recognition possible in the Canadian event industry. The award was presented on March 27th at the National Star Awards Gala, organized by Canadian Special Events Magazine. The award is given to the person who inspires others to achieve event success, who stands out from the crowd by having made exceptional contributions to the industry over the past year, who creates successful stories time and time again and operates their business or career with the highest level of enthusiasm. Keri Miller not only meets the above criteria, but she exemplifies it in every aspect of her career.
Keri has worked at “e” in various roles for over 10 years. As a partner, she drives national operations and strategizes to move the company forward. As a Creative Director, she participated in the initial design of over 70 projects in 2013. Internally, Keri is our whizbang and our spark. Her unflagging enthusiasm is a source of daily inspiration for the “e” team and her presence contributes significantly to our overall corporate culture.
For the event industry as whole, Keri is extremely passionate about moving the industry forward. In 2013 alone she was a:
• ISES Brand Champion – she, along with seven other International Event Industry Professionals, were specifically selected by ISES
• Featured speaker at two event industry conferences: The Special Event in Chicago, IL and the CSE Expo in Toronto ON
• Member of the Cult Gathering Advisory Board
• Writer – Writing pieces for both Corporate Meetings Network and the Design Dawgs blog and was also interview by CBC Canada
• Volunteer – Donating her time both personally and professionally to a variety of organizations
While Keri’s contributions to our internal team and to the event industry are impressive to say the least, it is Keri’s personality and enthusiasm that this truly inspiring. As e=mc² events CEO Jocelyn Flanagan notes, “Keri’s enthusiasm is contagious and when Keri speaks – people listen.”
We are always proud of Keri at e=mc² events and we will enjoy this honour with her as she celebrates one of the highest personal professional awards in the industry. She is truly deserving and we couldn’t be happier for our leader, our colleague and our friend.